- Serving Clark County Since 1975
- Ongoing Training And Certification
- We Manage Every Step of Your Project From Beginning to End
- Nate, EPA, and HVAC Electrical Certified
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Highly Reviewed
INDOOR AIR QUALITY SERVICE
Get your HVAC questions answered!
Submit your information to get a quote or to schedule service!
We will call you back in 30 minutes or less
Get Your Indoor Air Quality Quote Today!
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back in 30 minutes or less!
Immediately Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Serving Clark County & Portland-Metro Area
Your home’s indoor air quality is important. Indoor pollution can not only cause health issues, but poor indoor air quality can negatively impact those with allergies and asthma as well. The highly experienced HVAC Contractors of Vanport Mechanical can help.
We provide quality air purification and air filtration devices throughout Vancouver WA. Contact us today to schedule service!
5 Reasons Why Clean Indoor Air is Important
- Indoor air quality is typically 2-5x worse than outdoor air and is in the EPA’s top 5 risks to public health
- People are spending more time indoors – about 90% of it
- Tighter, more energy-efficient building practices can make air quality and comfort significantly worse if not addressed
- Over 60 million people in the US battle with asthma or allergies and are especially sensitive to indoor air pollutants
- Children inhale 50% more air per pound of bodyweight than adults, making them especially sensitive to IAQ problems
Find the Clean Air Solution That is Right For You
Air Purification Options
There are several air purification options on the market. In addition to using an air purifier that uses a True HEPA filter, there are some additional features you may want to consider such as UV-C lights and ionizers. Read, “The Pros and Cons of Ionizers and Air Cleaners” to learn more about each of these systems, and help determine which system is best for you.
Electronic Air Cleaners
Electronic air cleaners use electrostatic precipitators and ionizers to trap contaminants in the air similar to a magnetic like attraction. Learn more!
UV light systems don’t simply filter out particulates, they destroy them. UV-C lights use ultraviolet radiation to kill germs, viruses, bacteria, and mold spores. Learn more!
How Can I Improve Indoor Air Quality?
Allergens, scents, chemicals, and outdoor air pollution can all contribute to unhealthy indoor air. To help improve the indoor air quality in your home, you can use a high-quality air cleaner or have air filters installed in your HVAC system. These methods will help ensure your indoor air quality is healthy.
What are Common Symptoms Linked to Poor Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air quality can lead to health issues. Below are some common symptoms that mean you may need to improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- Shortness of breath
- Eye irritation
How Do You Test Indoor Air Quality?
You can purchase an air quality monitor or professional kit to test the indoor air quality in your home or business. This will provide you with the levels of allergens, dust, humidity, and chemical pollutants you may have.
Quality Air Filtration
Proper air filtration is important. If you need quality air filtration systems in your home, contact Vanport Mechanical of Vancouver WA. We’ll help you find an air filtration system that fits your needs and your budget, so you and your family can breathe the clean air you desire. We service the Vancouver WA area 24-hours a day.
Using Your HVAC System to Help Prevent COVID-19
Although COVID-19 is a respiratory illness spread through respiratory droplets, there are some steps you can take to help prevent COVID-19 using your HVAC system, including increasing your ventilation. Learn more tips from HVAC experts.
How to Maintain your Electronic Air Cleaner
To clean and maintain your Electronic Air Cleaner, follow these easy steps:
- Locate the filter cover and remove it.
- Remove the filter cells. There is normally two, one behind the other.
- Remove the thinner pre-filters.
- Clean the pre-filters with dish soap and water, or place them in the dishwasher!
- Reinstall the pre-filters once they’re clean and dry.
- Reinstall the filter cells, ensuring that the arrows are facing towards the furnace or air handler.
- Replace the filter cover.
Indoor Air Quality in Vancouver WA
Serving The Greater Vancouver WA and Clark County WA Areas