Your furnace works hard every winter to keep your home warm and comfortable, so it’s important to maintain it properly and have it serviced by an HVAC contractor regularly. But how long is regularly, you ask? While we recommend your furnace be serviced in both the spring and fall, it should at least be serviced once a year.
The Importance of Furnace Maintenance
- Safety: if your furnace has a leak in the exhaust pipe, you could be exposed to carbon monoxide emissions.
- Prolong your system’s longevity: regular furnace maintenance will help extend the life of your furnace so you can get the most out of it.
- Lower your heating costs: overtime, the efficiency of your furnace will dwindle, leading to a rise in heating costs. HVAC technicians will check all of the components in your furnace, test them, and make sure they’re all working safely and efficiently.
- Reduce furnace breakdowns: 90% of furnace breakdowns are traced back to lack of maintenance. Avoid unexpected furnace breakdowns in the dead of winter with Vanport Mechanical.
- Catch furnace problems early: during maintenance, your HVAC technician will inspect the wiring, lubricate worn parts, and recommend the need for any furnace repairs.They’ll also remove debris, dust, and dander that may be lodged inside.
Ready for a quote?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back in 30 minutes or less!
What does furnace maintenance entail?
- Monitor for dust and dirt and clean
- Ensure there are no gas leaks
- Check for proper thermostat operation
- Check electrical connections and components to spot loose wiring or corrosion
- And more!
For a complete list of our furnace maintenance checklist, see our Furnace Service & Repair page.
Once winter rolls around you’re going to want your furnace in optimal working condition. If you find yourself frequently without heat or high utility bills, your furnace is probably in need of maintenance services from Vanport Mechanical and Fire Sprinkler. We’ll inspect your furnace and ensure all of the vital components are working properly. A small investment in maintenance will protect your furnace and wallet!
Back to Furnace Maintenance
How Often Should a Furnace Be Maintained? in Vancouver WA and Portland OR
Serving The Greater Vancouver WA and Portland OR Areas