Mini Split Installation Services
SERVING VANCOUVER WA | CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON
There’s a lot of confusion surrounding heat pumps and mini splits. As technology advances, more and more new techniques for heating and cooling a home are available–but how do you choose?
If you’re looking to update your furnace or current heating system, it’s important to have the most up-to-date information available. The Pacific Northwest has specific requirements for heating and cooling, and there are advantages and disadvantages to many types of heating. Vanport Mechanical & Fire Sprinkler has decades of experience with HVAC systems in the Pacific NW, and we’re here to help!
What Is a Mini Split?
A mini split is a type of heat pump. A heat pump is a heating and cooling system that relies on an outdoor unit to cool or heat air, and then an indoor unit to disperse the transformed air. Heat pumps can be ductless, or connect to a ductwork system.
Mini splits are ductless. The outside unit connects to the indoor unit through a hole that is only 3 inches. Because there’s no ductwork, mini split installation is generally easier. Mini splits can connect to one indoor unit, or up to 8! Mini splits are intended to heat one specific area of the home, not the entire home itself–much like a fireplace or woodstove.
What Are the Benefits of Mini Split Installation?
- Because mini splits focus on one area of the home, you can turn them on or off as needed! This can really cut down on utility costs, especially in extreme heat or cold.
- There isn’t any ductwork, which means most of the hot or cold air goes directly where it’s needed. Ductwork systems can waste up to 30% of the transformed air!
- Mini splits are a new technology. The units being produced today are designed specifically to be as efficient as possible.
- Easy Installation:
- Installation is much easier than central air or ductwork HVAC systems.
- The outdoor unit is installed, the pipes are run through a small hole in the exterior wall, and the indoor unit is installed.
- If you need just a little extra heat or cold air in one room, there’s no need to redo your entire system. Just add a mini split!
- Mini splits have the ability to heat or cool one room, or you can add an additional unit in another room as well.
- Indoor units come in a lot of different forms, including:
- Ceiling Mounted
- Wall Mounted
- Floor Mounted
Choose Vanport for Professional Mini Split Installation
Vanport Mechanical has a lot of experience installing these mini splits, and we also install a full range of other HVAC products. Because we’re a local HVAC company, we can give you the best advice on how mini split installation will work for your home. We can recommend the best fit for your needs and your space, improving your home’s heating and cooling while being as efficient as possible! If you’re interested in mini split installation, call Vanport today!
Mini Split Installation in Vancouver WA
Serving The Greater Vancouver WA and Clark County WA Areas