SERVING VANCOUVER WA | CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON
At Vanport Mechanical, we offer a commitment to providing top-quality furnace sales, repairs, and installation that keep you warm for years. Our technicians take time to find out what your specific heating needs are and offer affordable solutions seven days a week.
Get Your Furnaces Quote Today!
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back in 30 minutes or less!
Gas Furnace Service & Repair
There are three components to any furnace system:
- Fuel Source
- Heat distribution
When any one of these parts has difficulty operating, or fails altogether, your furnace is in trouble.
Gas Furnace Basic Troubleshooting
If your heating system is not working, there are some basic things to check before you call a furnace repair company.
- Make sure your furnace is on. It may seem silly, but have you checked that your furnace is actually on?
- Make sure the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped, and that there’s continuous power to your furnace.
- Make sure the pilot light is still burning.
- Make sure there’s fuel available.
- Make sure the thermostat is signalling for heat. Have you checked to make sure your thermostat is turned to “heat”? If it’s on but there’s no heat, try putting the temperature 5 degrees warmer than it is currently. Your thermostat may just need to be calibrated.
- Is there any heat coming out? Feel your vents or baseboards. Do you feel any heat whatsoever? If there’s limited heat, there may be a problem with your heat distribution system.
Gas Furnace Parts Replacement
If you’re still experiencing gas furnace problems after those basic troubleshooting steps, your furnace may need repair, or part replacement. Here are some components that may need replacing or repair:
- Ignition system
- Gas furnace blower
- Safety Switch
- Limit control switch
- Flame sensor
Regular maintenance is important for your gas furnace to continue functioning normally. Filters need to be checked and changed multiple times a year, depending on your model and filter type. The area around your furnace should be kept free of clutter or debris, and the area should be periodically vacuumed.
Furnace Installation and Replacement
Sometimes a gas furnace has just reached its limit, and it needs to be replaced. A furnace technician will be able to assess your furnace and determine the issue at hand, whether it’s a component malfunction or an entire system failure. When in doubt, call an experienced furnace technician!
It’s always best to call an expert heating specialist if you suspect your furnace needs to be repaired or replaced. If it’s a simple component repair, furnace technicians can save you thousands of dollars, and if it’s a system-wide problem, they can determine the best path forward to recover your home’s ability to heat. Anything involving electrical switches, electrical wiring, gas components, gas ignition, or heating sources should always be left up to a professional. Vanport Mechanical & Fire Sprinkler is always available for gas furnace service calls, and we’d be happy to help you assess any problem with your gas furnace. Give us a call today for gas furnace repair, installation, or replacement!
Furnaces in Vancouver WA
Serving The Greater Vancouver WA and Clark Country WA Areas