UV Light Purification Systems
Serving Vancouver WA | Clark County Washington
As air circulates through your home, viruses, mold spores, and bacteria are also spread — which can trigger allergies or make you sick. One of the best solutions to combat this is with a UV light air purifier. UV light air purifiers work in your home’s ductwork to remove airborne particles including pollen and dust, as well as odors from food and pets.
UV Light purification systems work well on their own and complement other purification systems. Contact the air quality specialists at Vanport Mechanical of Vancouver WA today to learn more about UV light purification systems or to schedule an installation.
Do HVAC UV Light Purifiers Really Work?
Yes, UV light air purifiers are highly effective in killing:
- Mold spores/mildew: while mold spores are especially harmful to people with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory illnesses, they can also affect anyone. UV light purifiers are only effective in killing airborne mold spores. If you have mold that’s already developed on surfaces, you’ll need to wipe it off directly.
- Odors: UV-C lights can eliminate smoking odors, pet odors, and food odors produced from cooking.
- Viruses/bacteria: viruses and bacteria cause people to get ill. As these bacteria pass through the UV lights, they are killed, making them no longer harmful to breathe in. Having a UV light air purifier installed in your HVAC system may help reduce cold and flu instances in your home.
Should I get a UV light for my air conditioner?
UV light air purifier systems are recommended for homes and families with:
- Concern for maintaining or improving energy efficiency
- A humid climate
- Air conditioning ductwork that requires frequent cleaning
- Odors caused by cooking, pets, and other sources
- A dry climate in winter where windows are closed
With UV light air purifiers, you can improve the air quality and breathe easier throughout your home.
What is an Air Scrubber?
If you’ve been researching how to improve the air quality in your home, you’ve likely come across the term, “air scrubber.” Air scrubbers substantially reduce odors and smoke in the air as well as reducing microbial populations on surfaces.
An air scrubber is an air-cleaning device that’s installed in your ductwork. As air passes through, your air scrubber will produce negative ions that will go out and bring back any pollutants. These units are highly effective in capturing small particles that are too small for a typical air filter. Air scrubbers also require very little maintenance, with a bulb that typically lasts a full year.
At Vanport Mechanical, we offer Aerus brand Air Scrubbers for your indoor air quality needs. These units also consist of a special UV light and photocatalyst. Below is a list of some of the benefits of our air scrubbers.
- Continuously purifies the air
- Attacks contaminates on all surfaces
- Helps alleviate allergies, asthma, and other respiratory ailments
- Protects people from dangerous contaminants and pollutants
- Discreet – installed in your ductwork
- Low maintenance – no cleaning required
Vanport Mechanical offers both UV light purification systems and air scrubbers to our Vancouver WA customers. Both of these units must be secure within your HVAC system to eliminate contaminants and particles that enter. Contact us today to talk about improving your indoor air quality with one of our trained contractors. We care about you and your family’s health as well as the quality of your HVAC system. We’re your local source for all of your HVAC needs and services.
UV Light Purification Systems in Vancouver WA
Serving The Greater Vancouver WA and Clark County WA Areas